- 1 cup mashed, ripe banana (about 2-3 bananas)
- 1/4 cup milk (i used oat milk)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 cup finely grated zucchini (about 1 small)
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup dried apricots (you could do any combination of nuts, seeds and what-have-you; up to a cup)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease muffin tray (12 x medium sized) and lightly flour, tapping out any excess
- Combine the mashed banana, milk, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla in a medium bowl. Whisk thoroughly, getting out as many banana lumps as you can. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Add the banana mixture and shredded zucchini. Stir until everything is just combined. Fold in the pumpkin seeds and apricots gently.
- Divide all the batter amongst the muffin tray and bake in the centre of the oven for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool pan on a wire rack completely
Adapted from The First Mess