This recipe can be whipped up in minutes and lasts in an air-tight container for 2-3 days.
They are gooey, chocolately and delicious! Clearly it is one for entertaining, not everyday. Enjoy all food in moderation.
- 225 grams dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids)
- 225 grams butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 200 grams caster sugar
- 3 large eggs (beaten)
- 150 grams ground hazelnuts
- 100 grams chocolate chips
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Melt the chocolate and butter gently over a low heat in a heavy-based saucepan.
- Take the pan off the heat, mix in the vanilla and sugar, and let it cool a little.
- Beat the eggs into the pan along with the ground hazelnuts and chocolate chips. Turn into a 24cm / 9 inch square baking tin.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, by which time the top will have set but the mixture will still be gooey. Once cooler, cut carefully, four down, four across, into 16 squares
This recipe was adapted from Nigella Lawson’s delicious recipe here.