Guest Post by Natalie Edwards, first published on Nat’s Nutritious Delicious
Serves 2 Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds
- 2x pieces of atlantic salmon
- 1/3 cup wholegrain couscous
- 2 teaspoons currants
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 ½ lemons
- 2 teaspoons lemon thyme
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 oranges
- Handful of spinach leaves
- Spray oil
- Set oven to 180 degrees.
- Make salad by lightly spraying pan with oil and placing on stovetop at medium heat. Add almonds and grill for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside. Dice white part of fennel, grill in pan for 5-10 minutes and put aside.
- Cook couscous following packet instructions. Remove skin from oranges and slice into pieces. Put spinach leaves in a large bowl and mix with couscous, almonds, fennel and currants. Juice half a lemon and combine with drizzle of honey and olive oil.
- Cut two A4 size pieces of foil and baking paper. Place baking paper on top of each piece of foil and spray lightly with oil. Place salmon on top and wrap in foil and leave an opening to place ingredients on top of salmon.
- Slice 2 lemons and put 3-4 slices of lemon on each piece of salmon.
- Place lemon thyme on top of salmon and squeeze juice of half a lemon over salmon pieces. Drizzle remaining honey over each piece of fish.
- Place salmon in oven and cook for 10 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Remove from oven and evenly distribute salad and salmon between two plates
Recipe and Images credit thanks to Natalie Edwards of Nat’s Nutritious Delicious