Guest Post by fellow Dietitian, Natalie Edwards. First published on Nat’s Nutritious Delicious
(serves 2) Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 1/2 carrot
- 2 tablespoons cashews
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 40 grams low fat feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 lebanese cucumber
- 1/2 lemon
- Handful of mixed lettuce leaves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil – extra virgin
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 pear
- ½ medium pumpkin
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- Spray oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Make dressing by combining honey, olive oil, wholegrain mustard and lemon juice in bowl.
- Slice pumpkin into cubes. Place baking paper on baking tray, spray lightly with oil and place pumpkin on top. Drizzle small amount of dressing over pumpkin. Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Cook quinoa (following packet instructions).
- Using a peeler, slice carrot into ribbons. Dice cucumbers and slice tomatoes in half and pear into cubes.
- Combine all ingredients (oven baked and fresh) in a large bowl with quinoa, cashews, crumbled feta and dressing. Evenly distribute salad between two plates.
Recipe and Images credit to Natalie Edwards of Nat’s Nutritious Delicious