It is winter and winter means it is the season for Soup. After having some canned soup recently that was less that exciting as my lunch, I decided I needed a fool proof and flavoursome pumpkin soup recipe.
The best part of this soup is it is chunky, spicy with the zing of lime and coconut which makes a hearty lunch and dinner meal.
- 1 kg pumpkin, cubed
- 1 large sweet potato (orange), cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp green curry paste
- 2-3 cups water
- 1 can coconut cream/milk
- 1 lime, juiced
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over a medium heat
- Add the onion, crushed garlic and chilli and saute until the onion is soft
- Add the green curry paste and combined with the above to form a thicker paste in the pot
- Add the pumpkin and sweet potato and fill with 2-3 cups of water or until 3/4 of the vegetables are covered
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 20 minutes or until the pumpkin and sweet potato is cooked through
- Remove the pot from stove and use a potato masher to combine the vegetables into a chunky soup (alternatively you can use a bar mix to puree the soup if you prefer)
- Place the soup back on a low heat and stir in the coconut milk/cream and lime juice
- Serve topped with natural yoghurt, coriander and chilli flakes if you wish.
A Good Wolf Original Recipe