One for those friends and family members that have intolerances. This recipe is gluten free and dairy free. I adapted this recipe from on of my favourite Recipe Blog’s My New Roots.
Make sure you use natural, unsalted peanut butter in this recipe. What I mean by this is a peanut butter that is 100% peanuts. No sugar, no salt, no palm oil!
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100g dark chocolate (ideally >70%), chopped
- Shredded/desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Whisk eggs and vanilla extract together in a small bowel, then set aside
- Combine sugar, salt and baking soda in a measuring cup
- Measure out peanut butter and place in a large bowl. Add the egg mixture and stir thoroughly to combine
- Add the sugar mixture and fold together. The dough will now be very thick
- Add half the chopped chocolate and combine. You might need to use your hands to mix
- Press dough into a 20x20cm baking dish (ideally line with baking paper). Sprinkle the remaining chocolate over the top and press each piece into the dough.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan.
- Cut into squares with a large knife and sprinkle with coconut