A perfect recipe for Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffins by Donna Hay.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour, sifted
- 1 tbsp baking powder, sifted
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 3/4 cup (135g) dark chocolate chips
- icing sugar, for dusting
WHAT TO DO:
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place the flour, baking powder, sugar, eggs, oil, buttermilk and vanilla in a bowl and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold through the banana and chocolate chips.
- Divide the mixture between 12 x 1/2 cup-capacity (125ml) muffin tins lined with paper patty case.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden or cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.