Yotam Ottolenghi is amazing. Wondrous recipes compiled with only vegetables. If I was to invite five famous people to dinner at my house, Yotam would be one of them. To think, I have only make four of his recipes and I am in love!
Deciding to share the love with all my family this Christmas, I begged Mum to add this delicious Tomato and Pomegranate Salad to the menu. Such festive colours and such a delicious addition with the vast amount of crayfish. Now for you all to enjoy, incase you have not got your hands on a copy of “Plenty More”, I have got the recipe here for you.
- 200gm red cherry tomatoes, diced
- 200gm yellow cherry tomatoes, diced
- 200gm tiger or plum tomatoes, diced
- 500gm medium vine tomatoes, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 60mL olive oil, plus more to finish
- seeds of 1 large pomegranate
- 1 tbsp small oregano leaves
- Mix together the tomatoes, red pepper and onion in a large bowl and set aside
- In a small bowel whisk the garlic, allspice, vinegar, pomegranate molasses, olive oil and 1/2 tsp salt, until well combined
- Pour with a drizzle of olive oil and serve
It was a little difficult to source all the different types of tomatoes when on holiday at the lake, but we did well enough with at least two or three different types, many fresh from Mum’s garden. Home-grown tomatoes, it doesn’t get better than that!
What is your best salad recipe with tomatoes? x